Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Aida!!! 1 Year Old





Im sure by now that most of you  know who baby Aida is in my family; I am constantly talking about her, but for those of you who don’t, Baby Aida is my older brother’s little baby girl, who was born in my first 2 months here in Mboula.

Her birthday to me is so special because I have watched this little tiny new born baby grow into a talking and walking 1year old.

. I was one of the 1st people to see her come home from the health hut after she was delivered;  not even a day old. I watched her learn to smile and to grab things with her hands and to sit up on her own. I was  there when she began to learn how to make noise and baby talk. I watched her learn how to crawl and then eventually take her 1st couple of steps with the help of her mom. She has grown up right before my eyes and it has been a real treat to see.

I have never had a little baby in my family before. I was too young to know what it was like when my brother Andrew was a baby. It’s been incredible to see her grow. It is almost as if she is my own child..I love her like one.

Now here she is, 1 year old, walking all on her own and she can now even say the word mom in wolof!


 So Here's to Baby Aida....
1year older!






1 comment:

  1. OMG! She is sooooo adorable Jenn!!!! :):) Happy Birthday Aida!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete